7.16.2012

Simple Joys

This past week I was fortunate enough to visit a friends urban farm here in Portland.  A beautiful veggie garden, chickens, goats, even a baby goat not even 1 week old.  I could have been there for hours, petting the goats, trying (without success)  to stop them from eating my shoe laces, gathering fresh eggs and just watching the chickens peck around in the dirt.  I didn't grow up on a farm, but somehow I feel connected to this life, there is so much joy to be had in just being in the presence of animals and earth.  Just sitting and watching these animals as they interact with each other and their environment makes everything seem so simple- we humans can make things so confusing for ourselves!  The goats and chickens just do what they do, they are simply wonderful.




In other news- I have begun a monthly mailing list with anouncements on workshops, schedule changes and other fun and interesting yoga related things, you can sign up for it by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment