9.27.2012

Gratitude for this Practice


Over the past few weeks I've had an opportunity to practice with one of my favorite teachers (that is, I found her videos at yogavibes.com and have been practicing from home but to the sound of her voice). Just hearing her voice was enough to enliven my practice and to remind me of the many lessons that my practice can teach me.  When to work hard, when to relax, when to be adventorous and when to proceed with caution... our time on our mat can be a microcosm for the rest of our lives.  The more we explore these things from the safety of our mats, the more those lessons begin to seep out into other aspects of our lives.

These are the reasons I love the teachers I do- is because they remind me of these simple lessons that can be taken into so many different aspects of life.  That is what keeps me coming back to my practice day after day, month after month, year after year (yikes, its been a lot of years!).  Asana is such a powerful tool- it gives us a chance to see, on a smaller scale than the curve balls that life can throw at us, how we respond to challenges and helps reveal the truth- that we are all stonger than we ever imagined.

2 comments:

  1. Hey There. I discovered your blog using msn. That is an extremely neatly
    written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and come
    back to learn more of your useful info. Thank you
    for the post. I'll certainly comeback.
    My web site - pilates toronto

    ReplyDelete